This makes a really yummy snack; however, it is high in fat because we are not pre-cooking and draining the sausage. Try to get sausage that has the least amount of fat possible!
- 2 packages ground sausage
- 16 oz (4 cups) shredded Cheddar Cheese (Sharp is best)
- 1 1/2 cups baking/biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery and onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients
- Form into 1″ balls
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Serve hot!
Makes about 6 dozen sausage balls. A great appetizer or treat for a party. Quick and easy to make – if you remember to thaw the sausage beforehand.