These crepes are a wonderful addition to our lunch or snack menu. We make these at least once a week and they are great for a quick and easy fix-up when you have company unexpected (and delightfully) stay for lunch or you plan a coffee social hour with friends and forget to find a nibble for them. And, with so few and common ingredients, it doesn’t require a quick trip to the store beforehand.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix ingredients well – it will (and should) be runny
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter into pan (I use a 1/3 measuring cup and don’t quite fill it) – tilt pan to coat entire bottom of pan
- When it starts to dry on the edges, lift gently and flip
- The instructions say to only cook 20 seconds on each side; however, I’ve cooked it longer
- Remove from heat, place in oven to keep warm or fill immediately with your choice topping and roll up
Crepes are best served warm or hot. I use my own flat cast-iron pan and, being as it is properly seasoned, it worked great and didn’t stick. I will add that I put a tad bit of butter on the pan between every 3rd or 4th crepe to keep it moist enough to lift properly.