This recipe calls for ingredients that are not measured. The amount depends on how much you wish to make. It is a hit in my home and, I typically make it with Splenda Jam and Splenda Syrup, to cut out how many carbs are in it.
- Cream Cheese
- 2 slices of bread per serving/person
- Make your French Toast batter
- Smear jam on one piece of bread and cream cheese on the other
- Press them together like a sandwich and dip them into your french toast batter
- Place on griddle or in a cast-iron pan and cook accordingly
- Serve with or without syrup, we use Splenda syrup
Typical Sugar-Free items leave a nasty after-taste. If you go for items with the Splenda seal, you’ll enjoy the taste and want more.
I can’t claim this is super-healthy. I can say that it makes and excellent and quick breakfast and, with the shifting to Splenda-made items, it is a favorite of my family.