Very simple and they are becoming a quick and easy meal or snack in my home. With just a few eggs, milk and flour, a dash of vanilla and cinnamon, they are not as unhealthy as eating chips or candy. Taking 20 minutes, on average, to bake makes them even better.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of bread flour (all-purpose flour will work, I prefer bread flour)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla (I have swapped this for Almond Extract. A unique flavor and smell.)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven (and 10 1/2″ cast-iron pan) to 350 degrees
- Mix batter
- Pull pan from oven, spread ~2 heaping teaspoons butter over entire surface
- Pour mix into pan
- Return pan quickly to oven – don’t let it cool off
- Bake 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, take German pancake out of pan and place on serving dish
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve as you would a pizza
Don’t overdo the butter; however, the butter makes the edges crispy and tasty. If your German Pancake doesn’t slide out of the pan easily, try using a little more butter or making sure your cast-iron pan is evenly “seasoned.”
A simple, easy and fast hit for snacks, breakfast or just about anything.
A 10.5 inch cast-iron pan heats evenly and is best for this type of dish.