This is the recipe for pancakes I got from my 1996 Betty Crocker Cook Book, simplified for this posting. I’m still searching for the perfect pancake recipe, preferably one that travels well as a pre-mix (but not store-bought).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar or Splenda brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Margarine or shortening (to cook)
- Beat eggs in bowl until fluffy
- Add remaining ingredients (except butter)
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on pan. Cook.
- Flavor as desired.
Betty Crocker reports there are 13 carbs per pancake.