The title might say, “Bacon Swiss Quiche.” You can change up the cheese and the meat when you make this. Obviously bacon and cheese in the morning with eggs makes it a “breakfast” meal, but you can modify the meat and cheese to make it a dinner serving.
It doesn’t really take long to put together, if your meat is already cooked. The cook time is only 35 minutes, so you can toss this together after a long day, instead of hitting the restaurants or take out or when you accidentally get up a little late in the morning.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or other meat, as desired)
- 4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded (or other cheese, as desired)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare baking dish (butter or oil)
- Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and bacon
- Combine all other ingredients in separate bowl, whisk until smooth
- Pour on top of bacon and cheese
- Bake 35 minutes. Do not open the oven to check status of quiche.