It’s Monday morning, my child needs a homemade lunch for school because they are going swimming again. We reach for the bread we’ve used over the weekend and realize that it has hardened. After dropping the boys off at school, we have roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes before he needs that homemade lunch.
We reach for the Quick White Bread recipe and it’s done in a little more than an hour. Success – child has lunch and we’ve got bread in the house that hasn’t gotten hard. Case closed. Try it yourself!
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tbs baking powder
- 1 1/2 salt
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup nuts, chopped- optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Add optional nuts
- Add egg and milk- mix gently and well
- Pour batter into pre- greased and floured loaf pans
- Bake ~50 minutes~
- Let cool several hours or overnight
This could (and should) be split into 2 smaller loaf pans. We had it in one large loaf pan and ended up with bread that was far too big. After we split it into two loaves, it was perfect for our needs.